Friday, December 23, 2011

A Tour of My Holiday Home

I go a little nuts every holiday, especially for Halloween and Christmas. Here is a peak at my home during Christmastime this year. We aren't having any houseguests over the holiday weekend, so it's low-key this year. (Which means whenever I go all out, it is crazy!)


I skipped the outdoor lights and opted for simple garland and poinsettas.


My living areas are normally decorated in blue, so I tend to use silver with different shades of blue ornaments during Christmas. This garland and wreath are decorated with plain ornaments that I coated with glitter.


I made this mini ornament tree last year using a styrofoam cone, plastic ornaments, tinsel and hot glue.


When I decorate my trr, I like to use floral elements, ball ornaments in various sizes, shades and textures, and lots and lots of lights.


A really easy way to wrap a beautiful present is to start with a plain white box (no wrapping necessary), tie it with shiny ribbon and top it with an ornament or floral pick.


I dressed up these pre-existing pillar candles with glittered floral picks for a quick and easy festive touch.


I love making homemade treats to give as presents. You can find the recipe for this hot cocoa mixon my food blog.


My babysitter received this box of assorted gourmet brownies.


I let my daughters have a tree in their room this year. Their room is pink shabby-chic, so we kept with that theme for the Christmas decor.


I posted the instructions if you would like to make your own DIY Shabby Chic Ornaments.


I repurposed my toddler's old crib railing by using it to display Christmas cards.


I want to give a shout out to all of my blogging friends who have networked with me, supported me, and most importantly have made me laugh through this year. I love and appreciate you guys and hope you all have a very, very, very Merry Christmas!!! I wish you could all stop by so I could feed you with lots of yummy treats and make you watch a million Christmas movies and build a snow fort with me...even though most of you hate snow. ;) 

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment